Monday, March 31, 2014

Story Almost Done--Mind Blown

I have been asking around for early reviews of my short story Bad for Business.  I'm getting excited that's it's almost done and I can sell it soon.  I've never made money from writing before and I'm really anxious to see what I can get.  Even if I only make a little money from it I would still feel good to know that at least one person out there read it and liked it.

I also know that part of that sort of success is to continue writing, develop a series--that sort of thing.  I'm planning another short story with Adrian Shetler and I have a novel somewhere far off in the works that isn't really even into the planning phase just yet.  I think about how small with project was when I started it and now it has blossomed into something big and beautiful but altogether terrifying,  It blows my mind.

What I started as a whim (hey, I could put together a compilation of detective stories and sell that) has become it's own creation--it has reached 20,000 words!  Hopefully it won't get much longer or it will be officially considered a novella, which I guess would be fine anyway.  But right now it's like a quarter of a short novel or a fifth of long one.  It's crazy cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment