Saturday, March 15, 2014

Eggs, Bacon, Toast--Coffee!

Just got done with breakfast, not sure how calorie counting is supposed to help me lose weight but it's actually working.  I've lost almost 20 pounds so far.  Don't worry, I'm not going to try to sell you a diet or anything--though we have been talking about putting together a cookbook.  I haven't started writing yet today, I've got a bit of work ahead of me on this 2nd Edition D&D game I'm running tomorrow.  It's been an ongoing campaign--I think everyone is just about level six.  It's tricky finding a good challenge for everyone that isn't going to destroy them and isn't padded with tons of HP.

I've been thinking lately about whether or not I'll add ads to this blog--I'm thinking no though.  Something about it seems artificial, like it isn't a legitimate journal if I'm getting paid for people to read it--what kind of shit is that?  Also there's the angle that it's like, a fraction of a cent or something--bullshit.  Doesn't work for me.

I started some revision to my cyberpunk story the other day, adding a character and making somethings a bit more explanatory.  I guess I hate in fiction when the author has to spell stuff out to you like you're in third grade.  "That's when I realized the killer had been Ms. Merryweather all along." No shit Columbo, I figured that out in chapter 2.  I guess you don't really know what people think of it all until they see it.

Anyway, I'm going to go downstairs and write out this next D&D adventure--that game is a ton of work.  All my players do is sit around and make dick and fart jokes anyway.  That's fine, let me just spend a few hours of my life making an elaborate and detailed world where you can make dick and fart jokes.  That works for you?  Okay, good.

No comments:

Post a Comment