Sunday, March 16, 2014

It's Sunday AKA Game Day

Today is the day that I'm going to run AD&D, I always feel a little nervous before running the game.  I'm never quite sure what my players will think of what I've made for them--and more importantly I don't know if they're going to want to do what I have prepared and I don't want to force them.  It's a trade-off I suppose.

I've been watching True Detective lately, kind of surprised at how much I like it.  I figure the premise of the show is a more realistic look at law enforcement and investigation in general.  It's not all chasing bad guys and thwarting evil plots--most of it is talking to people and running down leads.  I think it's giving me a good perspective for my work.

Yesterday I added some editing to my story, it has a working title now--I'm calling it "Bad for Business".  Not sure if I'm going to stick with it but it's better than nothing I guess.  I'm adding a robo savvy plucky female sidekick to the mix and I'm feeling some inner resistance.  I guess I've always thought of the detective as a solitary hero--Batman before Robin showed up.  But he seems too dark, depressing, hopeless.  Not many people want to read that I guess.  I think the addition of this character will ultimately be good for the series, nice to see it all from a new perspective.  I'm still having trouble with a name--thinking something Japanese would be cool for the setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment