Friday, March 28, 2014

Stayed Home Sick

Wooh!  We had writer's night last night and it was great.  Loki couldn't quite present his chapter--he didn't have the chance to get it printed out in time but it was okay.  I presented another installment of Bad for Business that was very well received by everyone.  It's a good feeling to read something that I've worked really hard on and see how readers react.  Everybody stayed late hanging out at the house and talking until midnight, drinking beers and eating snickerdoodles.

I always feel so pumped after group and I can't wait get my fingers on the keyboard and write more.  Next week Loki and my brother should be presenting and I'm looking forward to giving them critique, I'm pretty excited to see what they've been writing.

What most people said about my piece was that they wanted to see more of my plucky mechanic sidekick, so in my revision today I'm adding some more to her conversation with my main character, Adrian.  I keep thinking about how rewarding it is to write revealing dialogue that shows how the characters feel about each other without saying it plainly.  I watched Frozen over the weekend and I actually felt the story could have been told a lot better without the musical numbers, they could have instead been replaced by scenes of revealing dialogue and the story could have been more powerful.

I called in sick from work today, I am feeling pretty crappy but I can't help how good writing makes me feel.  My lungs are burning and my head is throbbing but I have that warm feeling that I get when I write good fiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment