Monday, March 17, 2014

Dungeons and Dragons is a far out Game

I'm mid-way through editing my manuscript for yet another day and realized that I had forgotten to journal in.  That's what I call it anyway, probably not the right term, but whatever.  The D&D game seemed like a big hit last night, most of my players are taking the game more seriously now.  I do have one player who is getting on my nerves--on his dumb ass phone the whole night.  I'd considered having something bad happen to his character to teach him a lesson but I knew I couldn't break neutrality.  I firmly believe that the mark of an excellent storyteller is one that maintains that neutral position at all costs.  I think Abed says it best in the Dungeons and Dragons episode of community.

Couldn't find the exact clip, you're just going to have to watch it.  Anyway, I feel like I'm stalling on these rewrites--they should be done by now.  I think I do have a plot nugget for a second story with Adrien Shetler the cyberpunk detective--I'd really like to take him to a Mars colony.  I won't give any spoilers but I think it'll be fun to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment