Monday, April 7, 2014

The Longest Part

All this revising on Bad for Business is taking forever, but I think a deadline is finally in sight.  I had a few more people agree to early reviews, few of them are science fiction buffs so there's that.  Either way I get the reviews on Amazon as soon as possible, marketing this piece has become its own journey.  I've been writing this thing since February and I'm suspecting it'll be finally done and completely revised and critiqued and reviewed and ready to buy in a few weeks.  I really wish I could see how much money people make from their ebooks, but there is no such data.  Short of communicating with another successful author I don't think I will know until it's happening.

Today I'm continuing to rewrite the final portion of this novella--the last installment is here and just needs to be spit shined a little.  That's right, apparently it's been a novella for a while, since it hit 20,000 words I guess.  I think there is a lot less work to add to it now that I've finished with the changes I made before.  I'd say what the change was, but this is a no spoiler zone.  I guess now all I have to do is wait for Loki to finish the book cover--which is excruciating.  I'm already looking into other services to make a cover, just in case he doesn't pull through.  But if I buy one it's expensive, then I've officially invested something other than my time.

I'm projecting that Bad for Business will hit Amazon Kindle and Smashwords around the first of May.  If things go unbelievably well in the later stages of revision and copy editing, there may be an early release--fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment