Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Give me a Side of BBQ Sauce With That

I did my best not to write or think about writing yesterday. Now is the time when I know the piece needs to sit aside for a while. If I keep working on it the revisions will be endless. Of course, I didn't make it the whole day yesterday. I laid in bed with my Kindle and started "just reading" Bad for Business, I got about a page in before I was scanning for edits and improvements.

Today I'm going to give in and finish scanning the first section, see if I can smooth the prose even more and get it to really grab the reader. I think the abstract I wrote has some punch--I really like it. I think it's a good plot summary that doesn't give away too much.

I haven't worked on Lost Lamb for a few weeks, Bad for Business is eating my creativity like a Texan at a buffet.

I wish I could pop into a time machine and see how my writing turns out--maybe I should have gone the traditional route. But in all fairness if I had, Bad for Business would probably not see the light of day. Getting a novella published in a magazine is tough stuff. But the ebook market has a lot of them. I'm hoping that means that they sell.

No comments:

Post a Comment