Friday, April 4, 2014

Abstracts and Covers Covered

Today I'm going over a cover design for Bad for Business.  I have a friend who does Photoshop and a bunch of 3d programs.  I'm pretty excited about seeing it all put together.

My reading last night at writer's group seemed to go over pretty well.  The other members didn't have a lot of critique and said instead that they were invested in the story and just wanted to know happened next.  In the end that's how I want my reader's to react.  I feel like when I read I get hung up on parts of the manuscript that I think could be better--it makes it hard to enjoy a lot of fiction.  I'm just hoping that my readers don't feel this.  I just want them to be along for the ride.

I'm working on an abstract that will accompany my piece when it's available online.  I figured I could post it here.  No spoilers, promise.

"Adrian Shetler is a private investigator on an orbital city called New Independence.  When the alarm for his office is triggered, he finds the body of a dead woman in the shattered office window.  In a world of surveillance and data collection, Adrian must find a killer who is quickly covering their tracks, deleting any evidence of the crime.  Standing in his way are identity scanning checkpoints and vicious gang members.  Will he find the murderer in time or will they escape to kill again?"

No comments:

Post a Comment