Monday, September 1, 2014

Bad for Business May Go Animated

I really feel like this novel I'm working on is turning out to be a great piece.  I almost want to get rid of my last novella because I've learned a lot since I wrote it.  I mean, technically my novella is sound but a few things that I could have done better have been glaring at me.  Particularly my shameless and unnecessary over-usage of flashbacks.  I should have focused on the story at hand instead of trying to explain the past.  Part of the reason I made that decision was in response to my writer's group, but still, I could have shown those things with subtle dialogue or quick interior monologue references.

Lost Lamb takes place entirely in the present.  No flashbacks.  I want it to be an exciting story that moves forward faster than you can catch it and takes you through rise and fall of action and investigation.  So far I think I've done well.

I spent the last hour trying to make a mock-up for the cover, but I have nothing to show for my trouble.  I have almost no graphics experience.  Oh, that reminds me--my brother has recently suggested turning Bad for Business into a cartoon.  Not sure if we're looking at cell-animation or 3d artwork, but still.  He's friends with a couple of animators who may be interested in helping us put it together.  I've been thinking about retooling the story when I convert it to a screenplay and maybe I'll even put the storyboards together myself.  If I come up with anything cool for it, I'll post it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment