Monday, August 25, 2014

Writer's Group is Back

Now that I have something to read we'll be having writer's group again.  It's a good feeling.  Work is starting up again and I'm looking forward to getting back to it--the routine really helps me think.  It was that way when I attended school too; I always got my best ideas when I was supposed to be listening or taking notes.

We had quite the ciesta of a weekend.  Now that I'm part of Kristie's family there are a ton of parties to go to.  This weekend was a birthday party for a friend of the family, needless to say I didn't stick to my diet and exercise routine.  But I'm back at it today.  Took the dog for a walk, been counting my calories, it's all quite a pain in the ass.  I know it'll feel good when I start seeing results.

I'm going to try to plug a few more words on my eighth chapter today.  I have a feeling that it'll get easier to write when I let the group see the seventh chapter, but I'm going to get to it anyway.  It'll be nice to be ahead, even by a small margin.  I had originally hoped that I would be finished with this novel before the end of the year, of course now that I didn't write for most of the summer, I'm a little off track.  If I managed to finish a chapter every week, it could still be finished in December.  Of course there's still all the editing and revising and so on, but it's nice to see a deadline on my calendar.

No comments:

Post a Comment