Sunday, August 17, 2014

Moving On...Finally

I feel like I should throw a party.  I finally finished that seventh chapter and have started number eight of my new novel.  For a little while I really wondered if I was ever going to get through it.  School is starting again soon and I'm actually looking forward to going back to work.  I feel like the routine and the predictability really help me write.  It could also be that I have less idle time while school is in session and it forces me to make better use of it.

Writer's group has kind of fallen off the map, which blows, but now that I have something to read, maybe we can get a meeting together this week.  I feel like the energy of my readers is something that really helps me find the words.  The other day it occurred to me that there are 180 school days in the year and, if I write for a few hours each of those days, I can produce about 1,000 words a day.  At the end of a year I could have 180,000 words.  That's two full-length novels.  I thought it was pretty damn cool.  Now that I think about it, with the novella I wrote last school year and the chapters that I wrote on the new novel, I wrote over 40,000 words in a few months.  That's pretty awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment