Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Computers are Really Judgmental

My computer thinks I'm an idiot.  Here's why.  As a writer, I use my PC a lot.  Most every day, actually.  So, when I reach under my desk to press the on button, and click on the monitor, and click on the speakers--I know what I want to use the machine for.  My computer doesn't seem to understand this.






This crap gets me.  Yes Windows, I really am sure that I want to run every single application that I click on.  That it why I moved the mouse and clicked the button.  I do not have the attention span of a mosquito or the memory of a goldfish.  Nor am I attracted to shiny things like a raccoon and am therefore clicking on icons because I think they look cool.  I know what I'm doing, computer.  Do not treat me like a droopy-eyed idiot slumped over my desk with Cheetos falling out of my slacked mouth.

I wish there was a button, or a setting, or a tab that I could find and click, set or adjust to tell the computer not to treat me like a moron.  Perhaps some test to prove that I'm capable of stringing more than two words together at a time.  Who does Windows think is using their software?  I work with kindergarteners at school and even they, who get unresolvably distracted by a dragonfly that flutters in the room, know that when they click a button they mean it.  Come on, Windows--be cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment