Thursday, March 5, 2015

Novel Finished, Still Work To Do

I've been delaying this post for several weeks now in case of fire or flood or aliens or zombies or...apocalypse stuff.  I finished my new novel, the one that I'm tentatively calling Lost Lamb.  Title still isn't finalized.  Anyway, I guess I was expecting more to happen when I finished it.  I mean, not like confetti and sexy parties or anything just, I don't know, a more powerful sense of accomplishment.  I was happy that it got done, it was a personal milestone, but I guess I already knew then that there was still a lot of work to do on it.

Now there's editing and rewriting, which is turning out to be really challenging because my style shifted a lot during the writing process.  Now I'm trying to go back through and make it all sound like me.  Whoever that is.  Maybe the really exciting part will come once I get an agent and then a publisher.  That just might make my ego inflate to the point that it explodes.  In the meantime, I'm still trying to write some shorter works when I can.  One such work, The Admin Level is one that I'm actually considering sending off to a big-boy magazine.  The kind that .10 cents a word.  Much nicer than it sounds.

So, after a long day of wrangling kids at work, here I go to more work.  Edit.  Edit.  Edit.

No comments:

Post a Comment